Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Part 8 - Covenants - Jacob

God's Covenant with Jacob

  • Personal appearance from the Lord
    • Genesis 28:12-13
      • And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
  • Descendants inherit land (and New Jerusalem)
    • 3 Nephi 20:21-22
      • And it shall come to pass that I will establish my people, O house of Israel. And behold, this people will I establish in this land, unto the fulfilling of the covenant which I made with your father Jacob; and it shall be a New Jerusalem. And the powers of heaven shall be in the midst of this people; yea, even I will be in the midst of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment