Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Part 12 - Covenants - David

God's Covenant with David
  • Blessing of eternal posterity and a throne
    • Psalm 89:3-4
      • 3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,  4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
    • Psalm 89:29
      • His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
    • Psalm 89:36
      •  His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
    • Jeremiah 33:22
      • As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
  • Holy anointing
    • Psalm 89:20
      •  I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
  • Will be protected and prospered
    • Psalm 89:21-25
      • 21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him. 22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.  23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.  24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.  25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
  • Made a son of God
    • Psalm 89: 26-27
      • 26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.  27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
  • Covenant tied to ordinances/bodies of the heavens
    • Psalm 89:36-37
      • 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.  37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
    • Jeremiah 33:20-21
      • 20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;  21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
    • Jeremiah 33:25-26
      • 25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;  26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment