Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Name - Part 4 - Bless/Glorify/Thank the Name


2 Nephi 5:2
  • And now behold, I would speak unto you concerning things which are and which are to come, wherefore, I will read you the words of Isaiah. And they are the words which my brother has desired that I should speak unto you. And I speak unto you for your sakes that ye may learn and glorify the name of your God
2 Nephi 6:11
  • Behold, my soul abhorreth sin and my heart delighteth in righteousness, and I will praise the holy name of my God.
2 Nephi 6:11
  • Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God. Pray unto him continually by day and give thanks unto his holy name by night.
2 Nephi 9:18
  • Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
2 Nephi 11:3
  • Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day and my heart doth magnify his holy name
2 Nephi 11:13
  • Therefore thus saith the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob: Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale. But when he seeth his children, the work of my hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob and shall fear the God of Israel. 
Enos 1:1
  • Behold it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man, for he taught me in his language and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, and blessed be the name of my God for it. 
Alma 5:1
  • But blessed be the name of God that he hath given me to know, yea, hath given unto me the exceedingly great joy of knowing that they are established again in the way of his righteousness.
Alma 12:17
  • And it came to pass that he arose according to the words of Ammon and as he arose he stretched forth his hand unto the woman and said, Blessed be the name of God and blessed art thou for as sure as thou livest behold I have seen my Redeemer and he shall come forth and be born of a woman, and he shall redeem all mankind who believe on his name.
Alma 14:11
  • Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise; yea, let us give thanks to his holy name for he doth work righteousness forever.
Alma 14:12
  • behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever
Alma 14:12
  • Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land. Yea, I say, Blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us wanderers in a strange land..
Alma 26:19
  • And blessed is the name of our God, for behold, it is he that has delivered us, yea, that has done this great thing for us.
3 Nephi 2:11
  • Yea, they did cry, Hosanna to the Most High God, and they did cry, Blessed be the name of the Lord God Almighty, the Most High God.
3 Nephi 4:7
  • I am in the Father and the Father in me and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
3 Nephi 5:2
  • Behold, my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name, hear ye him.
3 Nephi 5:7
  • And when they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves they did cry out with one accord, saying, Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus and did worship him.
3 Nephi 5:13
  • Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
3 Nephi 10:5
  • Verily, I say unto you, I commanded my servant Samuel the Lamanite, that he should testify unto this people that at the day that the Father should glorify his name in me, that there were many saints who should arise from the dead and should appear unto many and should minister unto them. And he said unto them, Were it not so?
Ether 1:14
  • Behold, thou shalt not suffer these things which ye have seen and heard to go forth unto the world until the time cometh that I shall glorify my name in the flesh.
Ether 5:2
  • Wherefore, it must needs be that some had faith in him, for he shewed himself not unto the world, but because of the faith of men he has shewn himself unto the world and glorified the name of the Father and prepared a way that thereby others might be partakers of the heavenly gift, that they might hope for those things which they have not seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment