God's Covenant with Nephi
- Promise of land
- 2 Nephi 10:10
But behold, this land, said God, shall be a land of thine inheritance, and the Gentiles shall be blessed upon the land.
- Posterity will be preserved through Nephi's writings which will also be preserved in order to fulfill the covenant God made with Joseph
- 2 Nephi 25:21-22
- 21 Wherefore, for this cause hath the Lord God promised unto me that these things which I write shall be kept and preserved, and handed down unto my seed, from generation to generation, that the promise may be fulfilled unto Joseph, that his seed should never perish as long as the earth should stand.
- 22 Wherefore, these things shall go from generation to generation as long as the earth shall stand; and they shall go according to the will and pleasure of God; and the nations who shall possess them shall be judged of them according to the words which are written.
- 2 Nephi 29:2
- 2 And also, that I may remember the promises which I have made unto thee, Nephi, and also unto thy father, that I would remember your seed; and that the words of your seed should proceed forth out of my mouth unto your seed; and my words shall hiss forth unto the ends of the earth, for a standard unto my people, which are of the house of Israel;
- Alma 3:14-17
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.
- 15 And again: I will set a mark upon him that mingleth his seed with thy brethren, that they may be cursed also.
- 16 And again: I will set a mark upon him that fighteth against thee and thy seed.
- 17 And again, I say he that departeth from thee shall no more be called thy seed; and I will bless thee, and whomsoever shall be called thy seed, henceforth and forever; and these were the promises of the Lord unto Nephi and to his seed.
- Renewal of part of the covenant made with Lehi:
- 1 Nephi 4:14
And now, when I, Nephi, had heard these words, I remembered the words of the Lord which he spake unto me in the wilderness, saying that: Inasmuch as thy seed shall keep my commandments, they shall prosper in the land of promise.