Sunday, July 19, 2015

Part 4 - Allegories in the Book of Alma

Alma 16 - The Destruction of the Nephites

Alma 16:
  • Destruction of the Nephites (Jacob 5:40-43)
    • Ammonihahites are destroyed
      • Jacob 5:40-43
        • 40 And the wild fruit of the last had overcome that part of the tree which brought forth good fruit, even that the branch had withered away and died.
          • 41 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?
            • 42 Behold, I knew that all the fruit of the vineyard, save it were these, had become corrupted. And now these which have once brought forth good fruit have also become corrupted; and now all the trees of my vineyard are good for nothing save it be to be hewn down and cast into the fire.
              • 43 And behold this last, whose branch hath withered away, I did plant in a good spot of ground; yea, even that which was choice unto me above all other parts of the land of my vineyard.

          No comments:

          Post a Comment