Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Name - Part 3 - Pray/Ask in the Name


2 Nephi 14:3
  • And now my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts, and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray, for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray. But behold I say unto you that ye must pray always and not faint, that ye must not perform anything unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.
2 Nephi 15:2
  •  And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.
Enos 1:4
  • Wherefore, I knowing that the Lord God was able to preserve our records, I cried unto him continually, for he had said unto me, Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive, in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it. And I had faith, and I did cry unto God that he would preserve the records.
3 Nephi 7:4
  • if it so be that my people at Jerusalem, they who have seen me and been with me in my ministry, do not ask the Father in my name that they may receive a knowledge of you by the Holy Ghost and also of the other tribes whom they know not of, that these sayings which ye shall write shall be kept and shall be manifested unto the Gentiles
3 Nephi 8:1
  • go ye unto your homes and ponder upon the things which I have said and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand and prepare your minds for the morrow and I come unto you again.
3 Nephi 8:8
  • Behold, verily, verily I say unto you, Ye must watch and pray always, lest ye enter into temptation, for Satan desireth to have you that he may sift you as wheat; therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name. And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you. Pray in your families unto the Father always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.
3 Nephi 8:8
  • But ye shall pray for them and shall not cast them out, and if it so be that they come unto you oft, ye shall pray for them unto the Father in my name.
3 Nephi 8:9
  • Nevertheless ye shall not cast him out from among you, but ye shall minister unto him and shall pray for him unto the Father in my name, and if it so be that he repenteth and is baptized in my name, then shall ye receive him and shall minister unto him of my flesh and blood.
3 Nephi 9:2
  • And behold, they did cause that the multitude should kneel down upon the face of the earth and should pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus. And the disciples did pray unto the Father also in the name of Jesus. And it came to pass that they arose and ministered unto the people. And when they had ministered those same words which Jesus had spoken, nothing varying from the words which Jesus had spoken, behold, they knelt again and prayed to the Father in the name of Jesus and they did pray for that which they most desired.
3 Nephi 9:9
  • And it shall come to pass that the time cometh when the fullness of my gospel shall be preached unto them and they shall believe in me, that I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and shall pray unto the Father in my name.
3 Nephi 10:1
  • Yea, the work shall commence among all the dispersed of my people with the Father, to prepare the way whereby they may come unto me, that they may call on the Father in my name.
3 Nephi 12:4
  • And Jesus again shewed himself unto them for they were praying unto the Father in his name, and Jesus came and stood in the midst of them and saith unto them, What will ye that I shall give unto you?
3 Nephi 12:4
  • Therefore if ye call upon the Father for the church, if it be in my name, the Father will hear you.
3 Nephi 13:1
  • And now I go unto the Father. And verily I say unto you, Whatsoever things ye shall ask the Father in my name, it shall be given unto you, therefore ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth, and unto him that knocketh it shall be opened.
3 Nephi 13:5
  • And they are as the angels of God, and if they shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus they can shew themselves unto whatsoever man it seemeth them good. 
Mormon 4:6
  • Cry mightily unto the Father in the name of Jesus that perhaps ye may be found spotless, pure, fair and white, having been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb, at that great and last day.
Mormon 4:9
  • Behold I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him. And this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.
Mormon 4:10
  • O then despise not and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old and come unto the Lord with all your heart and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him. 
Ether 1:18
  • when ye shall call upon the Father in my name with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel. 
Moroni 2:1
  • And he called them by name, saying, Ye shall call on the Father in my name in mighty prayer, and after ye have done this ye shall have power that on him whom ye shall lay your hands ye shall give the Holy Ghost.
Moroni 3:1
  • After they had prayed unto the Father in the name of Christ, they laid their hands upon them and said, In the name of Jesus Christ, I ordain you to be a priest
Moroni 4:1
  • And the elder or priest did minister it; and they did kneel down with the church and pray to the Father in the name of Christ, saying, O God the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son Jesus Christ to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it
Moroni 5:1
  • Behold they took the cup and said, O God the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son Jesus Christ to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it
Moroni 7:5
  • Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name which is good, in faith believing that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done unto you.
Moroni 8:1
  • I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child Jesus that he through his infinite goodness and grace will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.
Moroni 10:1
  • And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God the Eternal Father in the name of Christ, if these things are not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment