Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Name - Part 5 - Baptized in the Name


2 Nephi 6:7
  • And he commandeth all men that they must repent and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God. And if they will not repent and believe in his name, and be baptized in his name, and endure to the end, they must be damned, for the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel has spoken it.
2 Nephi 13:2
  • Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father? And the Father said, Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my beloved Son. And also the voice of the Son came unto me saying, He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me. Wherefore, follow me and do the things which ye have seen me do. 
Mosiah 9:7
  • Now I say unto you, If this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
3 Nephi 5:8
  • Verily I say unto you that whoso repenteth of his sins through your words and desireth to be baptized in my name, on this wise shall ye baptize them: behold, ye shall go down and stand in the water and in my name shall ye baptize them. And now behold, these are the words which ye shall say, calling them by name, saying, Having authority given me of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. And then shall ye immerse them in the water and come forth again out of the water. And after this manner shall ye baptize in my name
3 Nephi 5:9
  • And again I say unto you, Ye must repent and become as a little child and be baptized in my name or ye can in nowise receive these things. And again I say unto you, Ye must repent and be baptized in my name and become as a little child or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.
3 Nephi 8:6
  • Behold, there shall one be ordained among you and to him will I give power that he shall break bread and bless it and give it unto the people of my church, unto all those who shall believe and be baptized in my name.
3 Nephi 8:7
  •  And this shall ye always do to those who repent and are baptized in my name, and ye shall do it in remembrance of my blood which I have shed for you that ye may witness unto the Father that ye do always remember me.
3 Nephi 8:7
  •  And as I have prayed among you, even so shall ye pray in my church among my people who do repent and are baptized in my name
3 Nephi 8:9
  • Nevertheless ye shall not cast him out from among you, but ye shall minister unto him and shall pray for him unto the Father in my name, and if it so be that he repenteth and is baptized in my name, then shall ye receive him and shall minister unto him of my flesh and blood.
3 Nephi 9:10
  • the Gentiles, if they will not harden their hearts, that they may repent and come unto me and be baptized in my name and know of the true points of my doctrine, that they may be numbered among my people, O house of Israel.
3 Nephi 12:3
  • And as many as were baptized in the name of Jesus were filled with the Holy Ghost.
3 Nephi 12:3
  • And they who were baptized in the name of Jesus were called the church of Christ. 
3 Nephi 12:4
  • And it came to pass that as the disciples of Jesus were journeying and were preaching the things which they had both heard and seen and were baptizing in the name of Jesus, it came to pass that the disciples were gathered together and were united in mighty prayer and fasting.
3 Nephi 12:5
  • And it shall come to pass that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled, and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world. 
3 Nephi 12:5
  • Repent all ye ends of the earth and come unto me and be baptized in my name that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.
3 Nephi 14:1
  • And come unto me and be baptized in my name that ye may receive a remission of your sins and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel.
4 Nephi 1:1
  • And as many as did come unto them and did truly repent of their sins were baptized in the name of Jesus, and they did also receive the Holy Ghost.
Mormon 3:4
  • Therefore repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus, and lay hold upon the gospel of Christ which shall be set before you
Ether 1:18
  • Therefore repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and believe in my gospel and be baptized in my name
Moroni 7:6
  • And he hath said, Repent all ye ends of the earth and come unto me and be baptized in my name and have faith in me that ye may be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment