Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Name - Part 7 - Speak/Command/Act in the Name


1 Nephi 5:18-19
  •  And as they came forth to lay their hands upon me I spake unto them, saying, In the name of the Almighty God I command you that ye touch me not, for I am filled with the power of God even unto the consuming of my flesh. And whoso shall lay their hands upon me shall wither even as a dried reed, and he shall be as naught before the power of God, for God shall smite him.  And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto them that they should murmur no more against their father, neither should they withhold their labor from me for God had commanded me that I should build a ship. And I said unto them, If God had commanded me to do all things, I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, Be thou earth, it should be earth. And if I should say it, it would be done. And now if the Lord has such great power and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me that I should build a ship? And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said many things unto my brethren, insomuch that they were confounded and could not contend against me; neither durst they lay their hands upon me nor touch me with their fingers even for the space of many days. Now they durst not do this lest they should wither before me, so powerful was the spirit of God, and thus it had wrought upon them...And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me, Stretch forth thine hand again unto thy brethren and they shall not wither before thee, but I will shock them, saith the Lord, and this will I do that they may know that I am the Lord their God. And it came to pass that I stretched forth my hand unto my brethren, and they did not wither before me, but the Lord did shake them, even according to the word which he had spoken. 
Jacob 3:2
  • Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus, and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea. Nevertheless, the Lord God sheweth us our weakness, that we may know that it is by his grace and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.
Mosiah 11:16
  • And thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name and shall gather together my sheep. 
Alma 12:16
  • And she said unto him, The servants of my husband have made it known unto me that thou art a prophet of a holy God and that thou hast power to do many mighty works in his name
Alma 16:7
  • Now Alma said unto him, This will I give unto thee for a sign, that thou shalt be struck dumb according to my words; and I say that in the name of God ye shall be struck dumb, that ye shall no more have utterance.
Alma 20:12
  • And now Zerahemnah I command you in the name of that all-powerful God who has strengthened our arms that we have gained power over you by our faith, by our religion, and by our rites of worship, and by our church, and by the sacred support which we owe to our wives and our children, by that liberty which binds us to our lands and our country, yea, and also by the maintenance of the sacred word of God to which we owe all our happiness, and by all that is most dear unto us. Yea, and this is not all, I command you by all the desires which ye have for life that ye deliver up your weapons of war unto us and we will seek not your blood, but we will spare your lives if ye will go your way and come not again to war against us. 
3 Nephi 3:7
  • For so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily, and in the name of Jesus did he cast out devils and unclean spirits, and even his brother did he raise from the dead -after he had been stoned and suffered death by the people- and the people saw it and did witness of it and were angry with him because of his power; and he did also do many more miracles in the sight of the people in the name of Jesus.
3 Nephi 4:1
  •  it was a just man who did keep the record for he truly did many miracles in the name of Jesus and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity. 
3 Nephi 6:5
  • Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you. 
4 Nephi 1:2
  • And there were great and marvellous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus insomuch that they did heal the sick, and raise the dead, and cause the lame to walk, and the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear. And all manner of miracles did they work among the children of men, and in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus
Mormon 4:4
  • And he knoweth their faith, for in his name could they remove mountains, and in his name could they cause the earth to shake, and by the power of his word did they cause prisons to tumble to the earth.
Mormon 4:9 (this one is iffy - it could also be "signs that follow them that believe in my name")
  • And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. And whosoever shall believe in my name, doubting nothing, unto him will I confirm all my words, even unto the ends of the earth.
Mormon 4:10
  •  See that ye partake not of the sacrament of Christ unworthily, but see that ye do all things in worthiness, and do it in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God.
Ether 2:1
  • And if it so be that they repent and come unto the Father in the name of Jesus, they shall be received into the kingdom of God.
Ether 5:5
  • For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove, and it was removed. And if he had not had faith, it would not have moved. Wherefore, thou workest after men have faith. For thus did thou manifest thyself unto thy disciples; for after they had faith and did speak in thy name, thou didst shew thyself unto them in great power.

Moroni 3:1
  • After they had prayed unto the Father in the name of Christ, they laid their hands upon them and said, In the name of Jesus Christ, I ordain you to be a priest

No comments:

Post a Comment